Medela Nipple Formers (2 pcs)
(Inclusive of GST)
If you have inverted or flat nipples, Medela nipple formers can prepare them for breastfeeding and help your baby latch on.Consists of silicone cover, shape and size corresponding to the breast areola. Perforated outer plate circulates air and prevents infection. Can be used from 7 month of pregnancy. 60minutes daily at the beginning to and then gradually increasing upto 8hours
Soft, flexible silicone membrane
- Most comfortable fit.
- Applies soft natural pressure to draw out the nipple.
Shell with ventilation holes
- Air circulation prevents the build-up of moisture.
- Lower profile for less visibility.
- Functions without vacuum.
To prepare flat or inverted nipples for breastfeeding
- Gentle pressure to encourage nipple protrusion.
- The baby can latch-on more easily.
Recommendation for use
- As from 7th month of pregnancy.
- 60 minutes daily at the beginning and then gradually increasing up to 8 hours.
- Do not wear during night.
Breastfeeding is one of the most beautiful and natural experiences mothers can share with their baby. Medela can accompany mothers if they need a little extra support. Medela's Breast Care range offer small and practical devices to help overcome any difficulties.
Useful tips to ensure a long happy breastfeeding period:
- wear a well-fitting bra.
- use good quality bra pads to absorb any milk leakage.
- Apply PureLan nipple cream if you have dry nipples.
- Avoid excessive soap on your nipples.
If you experience nipple discomfort
- Ensure your baby is correctly positioned and attached to your breast.
- use PureLan nipple cream and Hydrogel Pacs to help alleviate symptoms.
- Use nipple shields as a temporary support only.
- Seek advice from a lactation professional if problem persists.
In case of feeding challenges look for the following option:
Flat/inverted nipples: Nipple formers can help draw out your nipples.
Engorgement: Use hydrogel pads for a cooling effect.